There are so many ways to save money and create a greener footprint this Halloween. Here are 5 easy tips:
1. Have a costume swap. Ask your friends if they have old costumes and provide them with yours! That way you keep it fresh, re-use, and don’t spend.
2. Use your own makeup. Not only does the Halloween face paint contain a lot of chemicals, but in most cases you don’t have to buy it. Check out your drawers and try to use what you already have.
3. Use recyclables and items from your home. Boxes, paper towel rolls, stickers, yarn, tinfoil, scarves, hats, flowers and so much more can be incorporated into your child’s costume.
4. Use household items to decorate instead of buying them. This can be great bonding/craft time with your kids.
5. Re-use birthday bags, pillow cases, shopping bags & pails for trick or treating!