This morning I was thinking about how to explain exactly why gmo’s are bad for us. They are designed in a lab and not even real food. Whatever magical potion that they are made up of can stand up to Roundup. There are countless studies proving that they cause infertility, thyroid cancer, pancreatic cancer and the list goes on. I believe gmo’s can also be linked to some autoimmune diseases, the rise in add, adhd, autism and learning difficulties that are manifesting in our children. The scientific reasons why are vast and suffice it to say, just check out the actual label on a bottle of roundup and draw your own conclusions.
I got this straight from the Health Canada www.hc-sc.gc.ca website.
Health Canada… Allowing this stuff in our food system is kind of an oxymoron don’t you think? I love the part about how Roundup containers can’t ever be recycled or used again. Why in the world does Health Canada think that something this toxic is okay to be sprayed on our food?
That brings me back to gmo’s. We are not privy to what exactly is in a gmo but we are allowed to know that it can stand up to Roundup. When we eat genetically modified foods we eat chemicals sprayed with more chemicals. The effects of doing that not only have a direct effect on our planet, but to the next generations of children who cannot choose what to eat. Why organic, why take more time to cook and grocery shop? Because you are directly affecting the health of your children and giving them the best start possible.
Roundup WeatherMax® with Transorb 2 Technology Liquid Herbicide
Agricultural and Industrial
Product not for re-sale or distribution
For use only on premises owned or operated by the undersigned. This label is to be attached to pest control products bearing the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency registration no. 524-537.
Guarantee: Glyphosate, 540 grams acid equivalent per litre, present as potassium salt.
GROU Equivalency Certificate Number: 007
Import for Use Certificate Number:
Water soluble herbicide for non-selective weed control
Read the label and attached booklet before using this product in Canada (disregard non-Canadian label).
Warning – Eye and skin irritant
Importer’s Telephone Number:
I, the importer and user, assume all risks and responsibility for and in conjunction with the import, handling and use of this product and shall be liable for all loss or damage resulting from the import, handling and use of the product including damage to treated crops and properties of others, injury to persons and occupational health and safety etc.and shall indemnify and save harmless the Crown and Monsanto Canada Inc. from all such loss or damage.
Date of Importer’s Signature:
Net contents: 10 Litres
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Harmful if swallowed.
- Harmful if inhaled.
- Causes eye and skin irritation.
- Avoid contact with eyes, skin or clothing.
- Avoid inhaling spray mist.
- Wear a long-sleeved shirt and long pants during mixing, loading, application, clean-up and repair. In addition, wear goggles or a face shield and chemical-resistant gloves during mixing and loading, clean-up and repair.
- Do not enter treated field within 12 hours of application.
- If this pest control product is to be used on a commodity that may be exported to the U.S. and you require information on acceptable residue levels in the U.S., visit CropLife Canada.
Take container, label or product name with you when seeking medical attention.
If in Eyes
Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye. Call a poison control centre or doctor for treatment advice.
If on Skin or Clothing
Take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes. Call a poison control centre or doctor for treatment advice.
Call a poison control centre or doctor immediately for treatment advice. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a poison control centre or doctor. Do not give any liquid to the person. Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
Move the person to fresh air. If person is not breathing, call 911 or an ambulance, then give artificial respiration, preferably mouth-to-mouth, if possible. Call a poison control centre or doctor for further treatment advice.
Treat symptomatically. This product contains a petroleum distillate. Vomiting may cause aspiration pneumonia.
Toxic to aquatic organisms and non-target plants. Avoid direct applications to any body of water. Do not contaminate water by disposal of waste or cleaning of equipment. Observe buffer zones specified under “Directions for Use” in the attached booklet.
Physical or Chemical Hazards
Spray solutions of this product should be mixed, stored and applied only in stainless steel, aluminum, fiberglass, plastic and plastic-lined steel containers. Do not mix, store or apply this product or spray solutions of this product in galvanized steel or unlined steel (except stainless steel) containers or spray tanks. This product or spray solutions of this product react with such containers and tanks to produce hydrogen gas which may form a highly combustible gas mixture. This gas mixture could flash or explode, causing serious personal injury, if ignited by open flame, spark, welder’s torch, lighted cigarette or other ignition source.
Avoid contamination of seed, feed, and foodstuffs.
Soak up small amounts of spill with absorbent clays.
Do not reuse this container for any purpose. This is a recyclable container, container disposal must be in accordance with the container disposal agreement entered into at the time of import for own use certificate application. Contact your local distributor/dealer or municipality for the location of the nearest collection site. Before taking the container to the collection site:
- Remove the cap and paper brochure or leaflet.
- Triple- or pressure-rinse the empty container. Add the rinsings to the spray mixture in the tank.
- Make the empty, rinsed container unsuitable for further use.
Do not reuse this container for any purpose. For disposal, this empty container must be returned to the location designated at the time of import for own use certificate application.
For disposal, this container may be returned to the point of purchase (distributor/dealer). It must be refilled by the distributor/dealer with the same product. Do not reuse this container for any other purpose.
For information on the disposal of unused, unwanted product, contact the manufacturer and the provincial regulatory agency. Contact the manufacturer and the provincial regulatory agency in case of a spill, and for the clean-up of spills.
Disposal of Unused Product:
Importers are responsible for the proper disposal of unwanted product. Currently unwanted product must be disposed of at the importer’s expense in accordance with provincial requirements. Contact your provincial authority for more information.
This pest control product is to be used only in accordance with the directions on the label. It is an offence under the Pest Control Products Act to use this product in a way that is inconsistent with the directions on the label. The user assumes the risk to persons or property that arises from any such use of this product.
Roundup WeatherMax® with Transorb 2 Technology Liquid Herbicide and Roundup Ready are registered trademarks; Monsanto and the Vine symbol are trademarks of Monsanto Technology LLC. Monsanto Canada Inc. – Licensee.
© 2010 Monsanto Company